The information contained on this website is only a summary of information presented in more detail in the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement which you can access by clicking here. Because this website is just a summary, you should review the Notice for additional details.
Para una notificacion en Espanol, haga clic aqui
Please read the Notice carefully. Your rights will be affected by the legal proceedings in this action.
- If you received the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement (“Notice”) SunPower Corporation’s (“SunPower”) records show that you may have purchased or own SunPower residential Solar Modules manufactured between approximately July 2015 and December 2016 that contain or previously contained certain factory-integrated Generation 3.0 microinverters. You may be eligible to have SunPower, at no cost to you, replace the microinverters in your Solar Modules with new microinverters if they have not already been replaced, and you may also qualify for a cash payment as a result of a class action Settlement.
- This lawsuit is brought by Plaintiffs Max Weiss, Lezley Holmes, Sebastien Tardif, and John Maczynski (collectively, “Plaintiffs”) against SunPower, alleging that SunPower manufactured, marketed, and sold for residential use, Solar Modules with factory-integrated Generation 3.0 microinverters containing a component part manufactured by a third-party, which Plaintiffs allege is defective (the “Subject Microinverters”). The Solar Modules were manufactured between approximately July 2015 and December 2016.
- SunPower denies the allegations in the lawsuit and denies any wrongdoing or liability. SunPower has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid burdensome and costly litigation and disruption to its business operations.
- Settlement Class Members may submit claims for cash payments. The Plan of Allocation for cash payments to Settlement Class Members who submit a valid and timely Claim Form is described in detail in the Notice.
- You can make a claim online on this Settlement Website, by clicking here or you can submit your claim by email to info@MicroinverterSettlement.com or by U.S. Mail to Microinverter Settlement, c/o A.B. Data, Ltd., P.O. Box 173052, Milwaukee, WI 53217.
- The Settlement has been preliminarily approved by the Court. The following chart provides information about the Settlement and your options as a Settlement Class Member. Please read this information carefully because it affects your legal rights. More detailed information is provided in the Notice, which you can access by clicking here
|Summary of Your Legal Rights and Options||Deadline|
|Submit a Claim||This is the only way for you to get a cash payment from the Settlement for alleged economic loss related to the performance and/or replacement of the Subject Microinverters in your Solar Modules. If you are a Settlement Class Member, you will be bound by the Settlement and you will give up any rights you may have related to this case.||March 10, 2022|
|Exclude Yourself||Get no payment. This option allows you to retain any rights you otherwise may have related to this case. If you opt out, you will not be bound by any terms of the Settlement, but you will also not be entitled to submit a claim for benefits from the Settlement.||January 10, 2022|
|Comment on or Object to the Settlement and/or Attend a Hearing||You can write to the Court about why you like or do not like the Settlement. Whether or not you write to the Court, you may attend, with or without your own attorney, the Final Approval Hearing on March 24, 2022 to make an oral statement about or objection to the Settlement. At the Final Approval Hearing the Court will decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement.||January 10, 2022|
|Do Nothing||If you are a Settlement Class Member and do not submit a Claim Form, you will not be eligible to receive a cash payment under the Settlement, and you will give up any rights you may have related to the lawsuit. However, you will still have the opportunity to have the Subject Microinverters in your Solar Modules replaced with new microinverters (if they have not already been replaced), provided you cooperate and allow SunPower reasonable site access.||No Deadline|
• Please note that payments will be made only if the Court grants final approval and the Settlement becomes effective. The date and time of the Final Approval Hearing is subject to modification by the Court, so check this Settlement Website for updates.
- If you have any questions, the proposed Settlement, or your eligibility to participate in the Settlement, please DO NOT contact the Court, SunPower, or its legal counsel. All such questions should be directed to the Settlement Administrator (see paragraph 23 of the Notice). You may also contact Class Counsel (see paragraph 13 of the Notice).
- If you have any repair or replacement inquiries regarding the Subject Microinverters in your Solar Modules, please direct your inquiries to SunPower’s dedicated customer care service line, at 1-888-721-0290.